Have A Wonderful and Blessed Day!!! He Is Never Changing!!!
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Psalm 33:11 The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
2Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Timothy 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Timothy 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
Our world changes daily. People change daily. It is so hard sometimes to know what to expect from people one time we get together with certain people they are fine next time we don’t even know who they are. My son when he was young did much better when he had teachers who were consistent, who kept the rules the same. He had a habit of calling out the teachers who were always changing the rules, the routines.
JESUS CHRIST THE SAME.
What marvelous satisfaction we can take in these four words.
A. Your health will leave you. Sickness will befall upon us.
B. Your circumstances in life will not remain the same. We may lose our job, tradegy will effect us. Marriage, becoming a parent will change us.
C. All too often we find that those around us can not be counted on.
I rejoice that “I have an anchor that keeps my soul, steadfast and sure while the billows roll; fastened to the rock which can not move; grounded firm and deep in the Savior’s love.” That is the Jesus that I want to talk about today.
1. Health may fail us — but His strength is made perfect in our weakness.
2. Adversity may crash upon us — but He draws closer than a brother and whispers, “In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”
3. Friends may desert us, so that we end up saying with Paul, “No man stood with me.” — But we can also say with him in the next verse, “Notwithstanding, the Lord stood with me.”
4. And even when death draws near He assures us, “I am the resurrection and the life.” This is why it is so important we are trusting in Jesus as Our Lord and Savior and only we can do this for ourself, and mean it; Before death
John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
John 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
E. I take great comfort in knowing that my Savior is referred to in Isa. 9:6 as “the everlasting Father” and as One with whom is no variableness or shadow of turning.
JESUS CHRIST THE SAME YESTERDAY.
A. There is an eternity locked up in these words. In fact, eternity stands on either side of the Christ of today.
B. Strictly speaking, there is no past tense with the Lord Jesus Christ.
1. (Jn. 8:58) – “Before Abraham was I AM”
2. John. 1:1-2
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3. We must never neglect to acknowledge the eternal pre-existence of Jesus.
C. But what of the Jesus of modern history?
1. Born in another man’s stable, buried in another man’s tomb.
2. Living in a little land less than half the size of Arkansas.
3. In His public ministry, never over a hundred miles from home.
4. He wrote no books, led no armies, and left His truths with a few plain and unpromising disciples.
5. Died the death of a criminal.
6. Yet that life stands alone. What He said and did proves who He is. (Matt. 16:16)-“Thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God.”
D. But the Jesus Christ of yesterday did not end in a sealed tomb. Christians are not living on a memory.
E. In the midst of despair Jesus appeared to His disciples as the eternal King; victorious over death, hell, and the grave. Then not many days after that, He empowered His church to continue in His name.
F. Jesus Christ of yesterday is the Eternal Son from everlasting with the Father, sharing with Him in creation.
1. Jesus Christ of yesterday is the Word made flesh, taking the form of a servant, made sin for us.
2. Jesus Christ of yesterday is the risen and glorified Christ, living His life in millions of lives through 2,000 years.
JESUS CHRIST THE SAME TODAY.
A. Many Christians find themselves getting upset with God because Christ is not working to suit their own private agenda and timetable. Jesus was not here to fix or work on anyones private agenda. He is not a Genie min a bottle. He is not going to give us all we want as a spoiled child. If that is mwhy we are following him we need to check our heart.
B. Christ is doing exactly what He purposed to do in this age, and His program is following the Father’s schedule.
1. The blind are seeing, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the Gospel preached to them.
2. You say, “Yes Jesus did that then, but He is not doing it now.” Consider the working of Christ in this age. We all have things to be doing, it is not to sit around waiting for miracles, and to be amused by things.
a. Eyes blinded by the god of this world are still being opened by the light of the world.
b. Those crippled by sin are walking in the newness of life thanks to the great physician.
c. Modern-day Naaman’s dip in the fountain filled with blood and lose their spiritual leprosy.
d. Ears are being opened to the music of heaven.
e. Those who are dead in trespasses and sins are being quickened to eternal life.
f. And the world over, the Gospel is being preached to the poor.
3. The Lord Jesus Christ is still the same today as He was yesterday. He is still doing mighty works…and if He is not doing them in your life it may be because — while you hold the Jesus of yesterday in high regard, you have not experienced the Jesus of today
Matthew 13:54 And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?
Matthew 13:55 Is not this the carpenter’s son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
Matthew 13:56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?
Matthew 13:57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.
Matthew 13:58 And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.
JESUS CHRIST THE SAME FOREVER.
A. It would not be enough that He is the same yesterday and today if somewhere down the road He should cease to be.
1Corinthians 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
B. But the best is yet to come.
1. He has promised to come for us.
2. We will see Him as He is and we shall be like Him. Then we will rule and reign with Him.
3. Sorrow will be removed…sickness will be vanquished…sin will be conquered…and…death will be destroyed.
C. And in the middle of all this is Jesus Christ.
So, in this changing age, rejoice in a changeless Christ.
1. He is the same yesterday, and because of who he was yesterday, the Son of God dying for the sins of the world, He meets the problem of our yesterdays, our guilt before a holy God.
2. He is the same today, and because of Who He is today, our Lord and our Advocate, He meets the problem of our today, He directs our lives and pleads our cases before the Father.
3. He is the same forever, and because He is, He meets the problem of our tomorrows, He assures us of life eternal and a home with Him.
WE NEED TO BE GRATEFUL THAT OUR PRECIOUS LORD AND SAVIOR IS NEVER CHANGING.HE IS ALWAYS THE AME, AND HE LOVES US, AND IS LONGSUFFERING. THANK HIM FOR IT ALL. LIVE FOR HIM, LOVE HIM, AND DON’T GRIEVE HIM!!!
ALL THE THE POWER OF JESUS NAME
All hail the pow’r of Jesus’ Name!
Let angels prostrate fall;
Bring forth the royal diadem,
And crown Him Lord of all!
Ye chosen seed of Israel’s race,
Ye ransomed from the fall,
Hail Him Who saves you by His grace,
And crown Him Lord of all!
Let every kindred, every tribe,
On this terrestrial ball,
To Him all majesty ascribe,
And crown Him Lord of all!
Oh, that with yonder sacred throng
We at His feet may fall!
We’ll join the everlasting song,
And crown Him Lord of all!
Love and Prayers