Have a Wonderful and Blessed Day!!! The Lily Of The Valleys!!!
Song of Solomon 2:1 I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.
Song of Solomon 2:2 As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.
Song of Solomon 2:3 As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
Song of Solomon 2:4 He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.
Song of Solomon 2:5 Stay me with flagons, comfort me with apples: for I am sick of love.
Song of Solomon 2:6 His left hand is under my head, and his right hand doth embrace me.
Song of Solomon 2:7 I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please.
The Song of Solomon is an interesting book; It is written by Solomon.
This particular book is an “Allegory” – a story that tells another story.
It is a “Love Story” about a Man (Christ) and His Bride (the Church).
In our text, we have The Bridegroom (Christ) comparing Himself to that of a common flower in Israel – Rose of Sharon. The Rose of Sharon is a very beautiful flower.
The Lord compares Himself to other objects in the Word of God, such as Bread; Light; Water which are all necessary to us, and He also compared Himself to the Good Shepherd; True Vine; The Way, the Truth, and the Life.
Why does the Lord refer to Himself as “The Rose of Sharon”?
The Location of the Rose of Sharon
A. Whenever one goes to Israel, you can see the beautiful Mediterranean Sea (Blues & Green).
B. Next, you see the pure white sands that are sprinkled along the coast of the sea.
C. Beyond the Mediterranean coast is the Carmel mountain range – lush, green vegetation.
D. Between the white sands and the green mountain range is a valley called Sharon.
E. In the Valley of Sharon can be found blankets of roses called the Roses of Sharon! Magnificent!
F. These are the roses that the Lord compares Himself to!
Reasons the Lord Compares Himself to Roses of Sharon
A. Excellence –
1. Jesus Christ, our Bridegroom, is excellence!
2. He is the “eternal Son of the eternal Father!”
3. It has been said that in all of “secular” history, there are only 2 chapters written about Jesus Christ, yet most have heard of Him.
4. Like the Roses of Sharon, the world doesn’t see His excellence – They look past Him to other gods!
5. The Book of Hebrews declares His excellence as He is “greater than all others!”
B. Red in Color –
1. The Bible refers to Christ as Red more than any other color.
2. Why? The Blood of Christ has been shed for the sins of the world.
3. John the Baptist announced the public ministry of Christ by declaring Jesus Christ to be the “Lamb of God”, and of course, the Lamb had to be slain.
Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
If you don’t see Him as the Lamb of God Slain, the next time you see Him – He will be the Lamb of God Standing!
1. Jesus came to offer Himself a sacrifice for ALL – a “sweet smelling savor unto the Father”.
2. In Bulgaria there is a valley of roses that is said to be so fragrant that anyone who walks through it smells like the flowers for days.
3. In our lives there should be a Fragrance of Christ on us.
4. People should know that we live near Jesus and our lives should have his fragrance upon us, Jesus should be seen on us.
It is amazing how that many have tried to stomp out the Lord Jesus Christ, His Word, and His followers, yet through it all, there has always remained a remnant.
1. The Roses of Sharon have often been trampled by man in the many wars that have taken place in that region, yet, the Roses of Sharon keep growing!
2. Christ was born of no man; Virgin born!
3. He was “fashioned in the form of sinful man, yet without sin!”
4. He was taught by no man, yet He spoke as no man ever spoke.
3. Yes, truly, the Lord is the Rose of Sharon!!!
The Roses of Sharon; Are Free Salvation is Free
1. Roses and lilies are meant to be plucked and enjoyed.
2. They are abundant; They found in common places; They are free!
3. You won’t find roses growing on steep mountain cliffs, nor in hard to get to places – They are found in the open and common!
4. My friends, Jesus is easy to find as well!
5. There is never a place that He cannot hear your prayer for salvation!
6. There is never a time that He will not listen.
7. The Lord, like the Roses of Sharon, are yours for the asking!
8. There are “NO Signs Posted – KEEP OUT”
9. Like the roses in all of their beauty, who would not want Jesus?
JESUS THE ROSE OF SHARON
Jesus, Rose of Sharon, bloom within my heart;
Beauties of Thy truth and holiness impart,
That where’er I go my life may shed abroad
Fragrance of the knowledge of the love of God.
Jesus, Rose of Sharon,
Bloom in radiance and in love within my heart.
Jesus, Rose of Sharon, sweeter far to see
Than the fairest flow’rs of earth could ever be,
Fill my life completely, adding more each day
Of Thy grace divine and purity, I pray.
Jesus, Rose of Sharon, balm for every ill,
May Thy tender mercy’s healing pow’r distil
For afflicted souls of weary burdened men,
Giving needy mortals health and hope again.
Jesus, Rose of Sharon, bloom forevermore;
Be Thy glory seen on earth from shore to shore,
Till the nations own Thy sov’reignty complete,
Lay their honors down and worship at Thy feet.
Love and Prayers